Thursday, July 19, 2012

Playing catchup :)

After my last post, I just pulled out the scrap bin with 2" strips and started sewing. Sewing and cutting, making 16 patches.
I realized I didn't have enough 16ish inch strips to pair up & make a 2 fabric block, so I set aside the extra pairs of squares from the blocks I completed, cut some 8ish inch strips. I might be able to pair some of those up to make a 2 fabric block, but I'll likely have many more scrap-style blocks. I'm completely okay with that :)
In my usual style, I decided about 3 weeks before the due date that I wanted to make a quilt for Noah. He turns 3 in early August and I haven't made him a quilt. He still has some of his receiving blankets I made though! One's a Curious George firefighter flannel-his daddy's a firefighter & basically that was his theme before he was born...
I was having so much fun making the 16 patch blocks that I decided to use something similar for this quilt. It won't be a large one-it'll be big enough for him to snuggle in though! I'm combining the patchwork with embroidered firefighter themed blocks, including the logo of his daddy's station. The handwork (obviously) takes the longest-I always have to pick complicated designs. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment