Saturday, April 7, 2012

It's been forever.

I've worked on one quilt in a REALLY long time. Basically-machine applique dresdens that were already sewn onto the backing, but didn't have the contrast I wanted. Some of the stitching is messy-but that's learning! It's maybe a 40x40in top-5 dresdens and 4 fans in 30's fabrics on WOW. Added some pink, has a green backing-not finished quilting yet. Attempted to free-motion (was a disaster-neither darning foot I had was adaptable like a video I saw on YouTube that was supposed to help control the bouncing). Maybe my machine just isn't meant for FMQ. The feed dogs don't drop, the index card trick doesn't help, and I've ruined the two darning feet I had. Sigh. So lots of straight-line quilting-trying to see what a slightly-heavily-quilted piece looks like :)

The past few weeks, I've been in a creative "dead-zone". My tweeting game hasn't even been up to par! Done some drawing, mixed media type stuff, but nothing with my machine since the FMQ disaster.Playing on the computer more, reading blogs, flipping through my Material Obsession books-I think I'm ready to get back on the horse. Might try something relatively simple like strippy Trip Around the World or the Scrap Vomit quilt. I also want to work on a spiderweb again, though maybe not my little orange one (those blocks finished around 7"?) SO MUCH INSPIRATION...just need to harness it and get to work :)

No comments:

Post a Comment