Friday, September 28, 2012

Wonder Girl :)

Early in the month, I finished a doll/dress combo for my 2 year old cousin. It was quite stressful and I didn't sleep the night before her party-I was having issues, I made some design changes, etc.
I wanted to make a little Waldorf style doll that she could cuddle, but I didn't just want to make a generic doll-she was going to be Wonder Woman! Abby's mom is obsessed with WW & Abby knows who she is :) Instead of the leotard look, I planned for her to have a star printed skirt...that's when I decided to add a dress. I haven't made a child's dress in FOREVER. I wanted something simple & adjustable, hoping she could grow with it a bit. I printed off the Itty Bitty Dress pattern, found the bodice adjustment for a 3T and went to work.
Here's the finished doll & dress and as a bonus, a smilified pic of the Wonder Girl & her older brother in their "superhero day" outfits for daycare :)

No comments:

Post a Comment