Friday, September 28, 2012

At some point, I'll get this down :)

I tweet constantly, I update Facebook every other week or so-why is it so hard for me to remember to blog? :) With baseball season pretty much over for me (the home season ended on Wednesday), maybe I can get into this more regularly.
For sanity's sake (since I can't place pics properly in Blogger's mobile app), I'll separate all the postables into 2 posts. I'll start with the presents!
After Noah's quilt was finished and I was planning Zach's & Jackson's, my sister asked if I needed any help with the embroidery. She had helped on Noah's and she wanted to feel "useful" again. I ok'd it, then she had a bigger idea-she wanted to make quilts for her best friend's 3 kids. I'm not exactly sure what possessed me to say "yes", but I did :) So I had to design 3 different quilts that would fit 4 or so embroidered panels. Olivia would have pink, Jaylen red & Gabriel green (initially his was blue). It was pretty easy to agree on superheroes for the boys after she saw I picked that as Zach's theme-mine are from a coloring book, hers from chibi versions we found online (simpler & easier for her). Olivia was originally going to get something princessy or Hello Kitty-then she told her mama she wanted to be Darth Vader for Halloween. Bingo-she gets Star Wars :)
My sister's been pretty good at keeping up with her end of the commitment-my part is obviously much harder/more time-consuming. As of today, each boy has 2 embroidered pieces & Olivia's floppy is completed!

For Zach & Jackson-Zach has 2 completed pieces (of 4). I'm sort of designing as I go because the colors are actually very muted for a 3 year old. Originally he was going to have dinosaurs & use the same layout as Olivia, but now his has 20" stars. I'm considering upping his to 6 blocks so it starts as a 40x60 base, but I might stick with the 4 and add a panel with his name on it to add some length. These aren't bed-sized by any means-just a snuggle-in-the-car type.

No comments:

Post a Comment