Saturday, August 25, 2012

Finished! :)

I've been really sporadic about posting, so I have no clue if I've mentioned this project ._. Anyway-finished quilt!
Don't have the greatest pics, but I'll post what I have. It's ~48x56 inches and meant for a 3 year old cousin. 16 patches in a pretty limited color scheme for me (red/orange/yellow with black/white/gray) but definitely not a limited pattern range! :) There are 4 embroidered blocks with different firefighter things & a pieced back. The brown hydrant print was too cute to pass up (since there's no brown on the front), so I stretched it with yellow sashing, more 16 patches and a strip of red on one end (last second recovery attempt). Machine quilted in a grid except for the echo quilting around the embroidered parts. Machine sewn red/white houndstooth binding (LOVE).

No comments:

Post a Comment