Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Finished for fried pickles :)

A few weeks ago, I started work on a baby quilt for Carlos. Then, I wasn't sure I'd have a way to get it to him any time soon, so I put it away as a finished top. Last night, I was able to convince Kaden to let me work (having my sewing table near a cold window may have helped!), and layered/quilted the top to a cotton-blend batt and GIRAFFE print flannel back :D This morning, all I had to do was add the brown houndstooth binding...
FINISHED!
Both Carlos's and Abby's quilts were obviously made with my sister's comfort level in mind. I got to pick the prints from a limited palette of colors so it was kind of crazy without being too much. I wish I had laid it out a bit differently because some of the prints were near the same print in another block, but it's cute, cuddly and come on...GIRAFFE FLANNEL.
I need to start working hardcore on Evie's quilt. I carry my Betty stars around to work on them, but definitely not making 3 a day :/ I guess the slower pace just gives me a bit more time to find the perfect pale yellow for divider diamonds...?

No comments:

Post a Comment